To The People Whom I Love

"Mom, Can you give me money to eat ? Living cost in Cikajang is very expensive. I barely find warteg and if I do, it will be filled by drivers."

"Don't you have you have your own money ? You get salary from tour of duty."

It really slapped me. I'm in my early 20s and still asking for money. On the contrary, kids out there have to work hard to help their parents.

I come from middle-class family. You call it made both end meets. I was taught by parents to purchase the desired items with my own money by leaving the daily allowance for savings. My brother even afforded to buy galaxy note II with his own savings (shame on me!). And also my parents told the family finances, so I know myself. Furthermore I try to meet my own needs, I never asked for money for hanging out, holidays with friends, or the latest gadget (except laptop for college). Because I know, my parents won't be able to fulfill and also somehow I am embarrassed to ask for the money for the purposes of my own fun.

Sometimes, there are times when I want to be like kids nowadays. Got the latest gadget, going to a fancy restaurant, so I can take pictures of food. Or .... having the coolest running shoes? Ha ha.  but then I always remember my mother saying, "Do not always look up, look down once in a while and you'll be grateful"

In the end, this article is written in order to remember the good old days. I'm missing my family just now.

And to the people whom I love:

For my father, I know our car has been broken due to old age. But If I get much money, I will buy you a new family car which is cooler than now.

For my mother, since you want to go hajj and umrah so badly and you ran out of money, in shaa Allah I will take you to mecca. So god please give my mom health.

For my brother, I know we're never been to Bali and outside country for our entire life. So if I have a chance and enough money, I will take you to Bali and maybe Singapore (because it's the cheapest hehehe)

and...

for you ? just be grateful  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having Academic Writing Course at LBI UI

Big Bad Wolf Jakarta (a review from a not-so-happy visitor)

Life in Leeds