Do We Have to Grow Old First?

September 18th, 2014 was the day when it was officially announced that I got my bachelor degree. At first, I was extremely happy (thank God!). Balloons, chocolates, and smile were everywhere. But then, come to time when everything becomes so blurry.

"Will I get my first job quickly ?"
"What if my kebaya won't look good on me?" (I dreamed about it couple of days ago)
"What if my make up looks so horrible ?"
"What if I fall down on the stairs ? *I can't wear high heels :"(
"Will I pass the scholarship test ?"

and so much what ifs..

When I begin to meet 'the real life', on the other hand, my mom, my aunty, and my grandmom sat together, talked about the other phase of life.

"Sickness is only a way for God to call us."
"We are getting closer to 'the day'"
"What we have ? I know sakaratul maut is painful, but can't we make it easier by doing good deeds?

Hearing those words is like a slap on my cheek. How could I become so much selfish and blind that all I ever think is those cheesy things ?! As I get older, the less chance I have of living in this world and seeing my parent's smile!

So, do we have to grow old first to realize that we don't have a lot of time ? 

“But to no soul will Allah grant respite when the time appointed (for it) has come; and Allah is well acquainted with (all) that ye do.” (Qur’an 63:11)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Having Academic Writing Course at LBI UI

Big Bad Wolf Jakarta (a review from a not-so-happy visitor)

Life in Leeds